TANA TORAJA SULAWESI TOUR 3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS
Tana Toraja Tour, South Sulawesi - Indonesia
Tana Toraja tour is the megalithic tour in South Sulawesi, the world known Tana Toraja
walking dead. Inhabited by a tribe who inhabit the mountains of Toraja and maintaining a distinctive lifestyle and still show the original Austronesian lifestyle and culture are similar to
Nias. While the people from Tana Toraja die, they're often put in boxes which are and then settled in graves carved away of firm rock, high about limestone cliffs. So they're in truth, normally not set up on the ground. This is what makes the accompanying ceremony workable. The ceremony is known as Ma Nene (The Ceremony by Cleaning Corpses). Away of enormous abide by for their dead and afterlife, the boxes are taken away from the graves (every a couple of years), the corpses are moved out from the boxes, and are made clean and re-dressed. Damaged boxes are fixed or replaced.
Tongkonan / house Puang Sangalla (King Sangalla) dwells. As a resort Puang Sangala and also the palace where the royal government manages Sangalla at that time, Tongkonan Buntu Kalando title "Tando detainees rainbow lantangna Kaero tongkonan layuk". Currently used as a museum Tongkonan Buntu Kalando meyimpan place objects and relics of prehistoric kingdom Sangalla.
Tongkonan Pallawa is one tongkonan or custom homes are very attractive and are among the bamboo trees on a hilltop. Tongkonan is decorated with a number of buffalo horn that is attached at the front of the custom house. Located about 12 km to the north of Rantepao.
Londa is the steep rocks on the side of a typical tomb Tana Toraja. One of them is located in a high hill with a cave in which the corpse crates are set according to the family line, on the other one left open hillside overlooking the green expanse of scenery. Located about 5 km to the south of Rantepao.
The object of the enchanting village form Tongkonan, rice barns and buildings surrounding megaliths. About 100 yards behind this village there is a cliff with the grave cemetery site dependent and tau-tau in a given building stone fence. Tau-tau shows the daily appearance of the owner. This settlement is also known as carving skills possessed by its inhabitants as well as a great place to shop for souvenirs. Located about 4 km from southeast Rantepao.
In this area you can find about 56 stone menhirs in a loop with 4 trees in the middle. Most stone menhir has a height of about 2-3 meters. From here you can see the beauty of Rantepao and surrounding valleys. Located in an area with an altitude of 1300 meters Sesean above sea level.
This place is often referred to as the home of the spirits. At the funeral Lemo we can see yanng corpse kept in the open air, amid the steep rocks. This cemetery is a combination of death, art and ritual. At certain times of the clothes of the bodies will be replaced with a ceremony Ma 'Nene.
is one of the conservation of civilization MALAY Proto-Austronesian culture that still maintained until now. Cultural customs, music, dance, oral literature, language, houses, carving, weaving and culinary still very traditional, making the Indonesian Government to strive for Tana Toraja be known in the international community, one of which was nominated to
for Tana Toraja
as World Heritage Site since 2009.
This is supported by the Japanese to make Tana Toraja as a
World Heritage Site, Japan itself will take part in conservation efforts, especially related to custom homes in the area.
This support is delivered in a meeting between Indonesian and Japanese in Poznan, Poland, on Saturday (11/09/2010), after a meeting was held immediately following the Meeting of Ministers of Culture of Asia and Europe (Asia-Europe Culture Ministers Meeting / ASEM) is fourth at 9 - September 10 in Poznan, which was attended by representatives from 40 countries in Asia and Europe.
Day 01: Lunch and Dinner Denpasar- Makassar Rantepao
- 08.30 am Picking up from Hotel to Denpasar Airport (Time may change depend on flight schedule)
- 10.20 am Get morning Flight to Hasanudin airport, Makassar ( 1 Hours 20minutes on flights)
- 11:40 am Picking up from the airport transfer to Rantepao, Tana Toraja in distance of 310 km (it's about 8 - 9 hours drive from Makassar).
- 01:00 pm Lunch will be at Pare-pare, one of the regencies we passing by in the distance of 175 km
- 07:30 pm check-in to hotel, Dinner at the local restaurant, free program.
Day 02: Breakfast, Lunch, Rantepao and Village of Ketekesu - Londa - Batutumonga
- 07:00 am Breakfast at Hotel and prepare to Full day tour to
- 08:00 am Our Driver and Guide will pick you up to visit Fascinating historical and cultural sites are scattered all along spectacular scenery. Throughout the year, funeral and Toraja's unique cultural practices, although daily village life
- 09:00 am Visit to Local Village of Ke'te Kesu (traditional wooden carving village and hanging grave)
- 10:00 am Visit to Suaya or Kambira where we can find the peculiar baby graves in the trees.
- 11:30 am Visit and stop over at Batutumonga where we will a have old Tongkonan houses and rice barns, enjoy the beautiful panorama and experience a moment of the uniqueTorajan lifestyle
- 12:00 pm Lunch will serve at Local Restaurant
- 01:30 pm Will take you to witness of Traditional ceremonies demonstrate Toraja's unique cultural practices,
- More than half of the people of Toraja are Christians, but they are proud of their Cultural heritage and uphold it, and the most prestigious ceremony in Tana Toraja is the Death Ceremony.
- 02:00 pm Proceed to Londa Village which is a natural grave with entombed deceased, and big rocky hill containing hanging stone graves
- 15:00 pm Enjoy Leisure & Hotel facilities after 10 minutes drive from harbor, Free own activities
- 07:30 pm Dinner at Local Restaurant and overnight on Hotel.
Note : * Not Guarantee 100%, depend on situated and ceremony schedule
Day 03: Breakfast, Lunch Rantepao - Makassar - Denpasar
- 08:30 am After breakfast then Check out from hotel and proceed to Makassar, On the way you'll enjoy the beautiful rice field, fish pool and the Traditional Houses of Bugisnese which is adorned on the right and left the side of the main road
- 12:30 am Lunch will be served at Local Restaurant
- 04:30 am Check in at Hasanuddin Airport to Flights to your Next Destination/ Denpasar
- 06.30 pm Arrival at Denpasar airport continue to proceed to next destination